MIGHTY MUSTARD Biofumigant Cover Crop Seed
Why cover crop?
- Add organic matter
- Limit weeds
- Low maintenance
- Attract beneficial insects
Research on mustards as cover crops can be applied to all Mighty Mustard varieties. The following provides general information.
Click here for more information on the benefits of mustard.
Why cover crop with MIGHTY MUSTARD?
- Mustard seed contains allelopathic chemicals, specifically – inhibiting weed growth and suppressing soilborne plant pathogens
- Increases healthy organic matter in your soil
- Adds nitrogen when re-incorporated into your soil
- Reduces wind & water erosion
- Improves the long-term health of your soil
Where can I plant MIGHTY MUSTARD?
- General vegetable fields
- Potato fields
- Grain fields
- Hoop houses
- Fallow fields
- Buffer zones
When can I plant MIGHTY MUSTARD?
Another benefit to growing mustard is that it can be grown during the off season, so growers do not have to lose money and time during their more productive seasons. Feel free to contact Farm Fuel for more information on growing guidelines.